Translate

Friday, March 21, 2014

Ride today

 Started out to be a great day for a ride. I hit the road at 9:00 am and it sure was nippy about 34 Deg. Met up with Dr. Dave on way though Johnson City, The trike was not idling to good but I thought it was just cold. We head off to Greenville and on to Galiburg. Every thing was going smooth or so I thought we stop in  Pigen Forge at the Harley dealer to check out the 2014s . As we were leaving that noise I heard when the brake pad broke started again so we started home . We were doing ok just noise and the bike would shake a little every once in a while. Til we were about 50 mile from home and the wheel bearing showed it stuff and went out. Having no way to hall it home I kept driving hoping the wheel wouldn't fall off. It was wobbling pretty bad but it made it home.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Met up with Dr Dave in Johnson City

This sweet old lady just wanted to try the seat out on my trike

She belong to a Christian Motorcycle club from around here 

Rest stop on the way just on the other side of Greenville

Stopped at the H D dealer



Dr Dave checking out the Harley trike. I think he wants one !


Last rest stop on the way home met a couple biker with some nice ride 05 super glide and a Bulle




Next with find out what is up with the bearing!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home. Thats a cool ride. As I recall there are two wheel bearing in there. Nobody ever greases them. 50 miles is a lot of Hail Mary's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment EZGZ ! The bearings still had lots of grease pack in there but I have been riding hard and fast on these mountian roads since 08. They got hot and dried out I guess. German parts hold up pretty good when you can find them. Should have it back on thr road soon. Keep your videos coming I always learning !

      Delete